Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Saturday, March 24, 2012

NYX round lipstick- review, swatches & photos

NYX round lipsticks are one of the best selling lipstick throughout the world! They have a huge variety of shades & these lipsticks are so affordable too!

I bought this one a few weeks back from stylecraze.com , they have so many of these!

Check out my review to see my thoughts about this lipstick!


What  NYX cosmetics says….

NYX Round Lipstick is our classic lipstick for all-year round. The mineral-based emollient formula offers a beautiful velvet texture, saturated color and it resists wear and smudging. It’s your go-to lipstick. From Pure Nude to Pink Lyric to Chic Red, Round Lipstick is available in a jaw-dropping 144 shades.

Weight
4 g
Price
Rs 400
Packaging


I really like the packaging of NYX round lippies! Shiny black with the shade name & number written on the top & the color of the lipstick can be seen through the transparent bottom.



Ingredients


Shade


NYX round lipsticks are available in 144 shades out of which I'm reviewing the shade BLUSH. Blush is a beautiful pink shade, very sweet & this shade will suit the fairer skin tones more than dark ones.


Texture & pigmentation


The texture is smooth & it glides on the lips very smoothly. It's between the matte and glossy. I love its pigmentation too beacuse only one swipe can give the right color. I don't like deep color on my lips so one or two swipes are completely perfect. It doesn't settle on fine lines and gives a soft look to the lips.It is not very moisturizing so if you have dry lips don;t forget to use a lip balm underneath.


 Lasting Power

The lasting power is impressive. It stays for  about 5 to 6 hours easily without fading!

In the mirror of my own experiment
It's my first chance to try a lipstick from this brand, I had heard lot of good things about this brand's lip products so I was curious to try it once. The first thing that can appeal everyone is the  variety of colors available in these round lipsticks. They have a huge collection of shades which is really amazing. If I write about the quality, I'll just want to say that at such price you get everything you want. The texture is soft and smooth but if you have a dry or chapped lips you need apply a lip balm before applying you lipstick. It's quite moisturizing but not as enough that can make your dry lips moist. I love its pigmentation, you can get a lovely coverage even in just one swipe. With two swipe you get a high coverage of color so the pigmentation is superb. I applied it for going to shopping. The color is so sweet pink which is very wearable for any occasion. For spring it's a perfect shade. I tested its lasting power which is too impressive. I returned back home after 5 hours and I got my lipstick almost same as I had applied, a bit faded but was not looking bad I love its faded effect too. The only thing which one should remember after buying it that it can melt in hot weather so it'll be safe in your refrigerator in summers especially if you live in the plains.In my city we don't have too hot summers so it'll be okay here!

Good points

The packaging is very chic!
So many different shades available!
Very pigmented, only 1-2 swipes are enough to get the right shade!
Doesn't settle into fine lines.
The product is definitely worth the price!



Bad Points

Not very moisturizing.
Can melt in the hot & sultry weather.

Finally...

Overall, I'm very impressed with this lipstick & I'm loving some more shades too which i own from this range! Most of us have many different shades from this range & I'm sure you all love them too! I'm eager to try the black label lipsticks from NYX :)


Rating

4.25/5

Recommendation

I recommend this shade for fair skin tones. But NYX round lipsticks are available in so many shades for medium-dark skin tones too.

Availability

These are available on many online shops such as stylecraze.com, medplusbeauty.com

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig